Camp Kurios, a Christian youth summer camp in southern Arkansas, was founded in 1987. The word Kurios (Ancient Greek: κύριος, translit. kýrios) is a Greek word which is translated as "lord" or "master". The focus of Camp Kurios is serving the Lord. A dedicated staff of Christian counselors, recreation leaders, craft and Bible teachers work together to make each camper's week an enjoyable and spritually enriching experience.
2019 session dates:
- Kids Camp: June 7-9, 2019 (finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade)
- Junior Week: June 2-7, 2019 (finished 4th - 7th grades)
- Senior Week: June 9-15, 2019 (finished 8th - 12th grades)
college avenue loves camp kurios
We are proud to have three of our ministers serving as directors at Camp Kurios.
- Jonathan Holland, Children's Minister at College Avenue serves as Kids Camp session Director beginning in 2019.
- Kent Jobe, College Avenue's Senior Minister serves as the Junior Week session Director.
- Jason Baker, Youth and Worship Minister at College Avenue, has served as Senior Week session Camp Director.
- Many members of College Avenue also volunteer to serve at Camp. Most who serve at Camp Kurios each year (counselors and support team) were either a part of the special group who founded Camp Kurios, or they grew up attending Camp Kurios every summer as campers and chose to continue being a part of camp by helping to create a special experience for today's campers. A lot of our volunteers are also moms, dads and grandparents of current campers. Each and every one of our counselors and staff are individually selected each year by the Camp Directors under the guidance of the Camp Kurios Board of Directors. The application and selection process includes a review of relevant experience (most of our staff and counselors serve at Camp Kurios year after year) and multiple reference checks with trusted sources from those who personally know each applicant.
Kids camp session
The Kids' Camp session of Camp Kurios is for students who have completed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grades by June 1. Kids Camp is the perfect introduction to overnight summer camp for children. Kids can experience overnight camp without having to commit to a whole week away from home. By the time these campers "graduate" out of Kids Camp, they are super excited about going to the Junior Week session the following year. We play lots of of games each day. Kids Campers have a lot of fun while making memories that last a lifetime - they can be found canoeing, swimming, playing kickball, singing around the campfire at night for a rowdy campfire, attending fun action-oriented Bible classes, doing crafts, singing at worship in the evenings, and more.
junior week session
The Junior Week session of Camp Kurios is for students who have completed 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th grades by June 1. Junior Week is an action-packed, fun-filled session that students look forward to all year long! We play lots of of games with our teams each day. Junior Week campers have a lot of fun while making memories that last a lifetime - they can be found canoeing, swimming, playing kickball, around the campfire at night for a rowdy campfire, attending Bible class each morning, doing crafts, prepping for the talent show, singing at worship in the evenings, and more.
senior week session
The Senior Week session of Camp Kurios is for students who have completed 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grades by June 1. At this session, campers experience a more relaxed schedule than the younger sessions where they can build new and revive old friendships and dive deeper into the spiritual focus of the week. There is still time for plenty of games with our teams each day! Senior Week campers have a lot of fun while making memories that last a lifetime - they can be found in the morning reading and praying during TAG (Time Alone with God), working on Capture the Flag strategies with their teammates, worshiping God in song around the campfire at night, prepping for the talent show, cheering on players in the annual basketball tournament, hanging out with friends during free time and more.